– Longer Pottery Courses
At Hot Pot Pottery we are registered with Visit England’s ‘Good to Go’ Scheme and work hard to implement Government Guidance to keep Covid-19 risks as low as possible and encourage responsible behaviour on-site and in relation to bookings.
CLICK HERE to see what activities we can currently offer. Bookings for future pottery activities are welcome, but will be reviewed and cancelled nearer the time if necessary (with a refund of any monies paid or future dates offered).
CLICK HERE to see information on how we are keeping risks low for all.
CLICK HERE to see information on our Covid-19 related cancellation policy.
Learn A New Skill
These are usually 2 hours a week on a Monday afternoon &/or evening depending on demand.
What Our Longer Courses Cover
Previously we have run our longer courses over 8 weeks but we recognise that budgets are limited and some of the techniques we can’t easily make low risk in relation to Covid-19. So (assuming restrictions allow) we will be offering a 6 week course starting Mon 22 Feb 2021 (2-4pm or 6-8pm) to cover:
- pinch pots
- slab work for tiles and constructing 3D shapes
- using moulds
- attaching handles
- throwing on the wheel
- decorating with slip
Once slip decorated pieces have been clear glazed (by us) and fired at the end of the course, if a social gathering is not possible to admire each others’ pots over a glass of wine, we will put up an on-line gallery for everyone to view each others’ work before pieces will be available for collection.
NB: Min. numbers for a class = 4, max. = 6.
As a result of Covid-19 we have had to make changes to our classes to enable them to be as low risk as possible. We ask for your patience and diligence before and during your class to keep risks low for ALL.
Please provide a lead booker name for each booking. Please scan the QR code (if you have downloaded the app) when you arrive and wear a mask during class (apart from those exempt from wearing them for medical reasons). If you don’t have a mask you can buy one at £2.00 per mask. Gloves are also available should you want them (£2.00 per pair).
Before you start the course there are two on-line videos it is worth watching as our in-class demos are a little more difficult to see at the moment due to social distancing. There are:AN INTRODUCTION TO WHEEL THROWING and PINCH POTS & TILES.
For our part we will:
- provide QR code posters for Track and Trace
- ask you to be on time for classes and wait until everyone has arrived before entering
- introduce ourselves (the first time you arrive) and ask you to wash your hands before going to your work area
- ask you keep personal items to a minimum (these will need to be stowed at your work area during classes)
- provide on-line videos for you to watch before you come as demos in class may not be as easy to see as before
- help and advise as much as possible but observe social distancing
- wear masks during the class and ask that you do the same (unless exempt)
- ask you to work within your work area, provide all you need in that area and ask that you don’t share kit between work areas
- ensure good window and door ventilation but try to keep the studio warm!
- provide handwash and sanitiser facilities in our toilets and hand pre-wash facilities in your work area for your personal use
- ask you to take responsibility for cleaning your wheel/work area at the end of each class
- allocate toilets to keep numbers of people using each to a minimum (maximum 2 people per toilet)
- clean and sanitise tables, chairs, wheels, decorating/making kit, toilets & sinks, till/card machine, touch points and floor after every class
- provide individual towels and ask that you put used ones in the laundry box at the end of class so we can put them straight in the washing machine
- enable safe sharing and sanitising of slip bottles when decorating
Class Costs & Payment
This course will cost £250.00 which includes all materials, firing, refreshments and chat. Payment will be required on-line in advance.
Find Out More
CONTACT US to find out more or to register your interest in our longer pottery courses.
Cancellation/No Show Policy
CLICK HERE – to see our Cancellation/No Show Policy.