Keeping Covid-19 Risks Low On-Site
At Hot Pot Pottery we are registered with Visit England’s ‘Good to Go’ and The World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ Schemes to keep Covid-19 risks as low as possible and encourage responsible behaviour on-site and in relation to bookings.
CURRENT ACTIVITIES – We are closely following Government Advice and expect to be able to re-open for on-site pottery classes & activities on May 17th 2021.
CLICK HERE to see details of all our usual activities.
CLICK HERE to see information on how we & visitors keep risks low on-site in relation to Covid-19.
CLICK HERE to see information on our Covid-19 & Regular Cancellation Policy.
Keeping Activities Low Risk
As a result of Covid-19 we have had to make many changes on-site to keep risks as low as possible. We ask you for your patience and diligence while you are here to keep risks low for ALL.
Please see below for information on what we are doing and what we ask of visitors whether visiting our gallery, attending a class or hiring a pottery painting kit.
What We Ask Of You
- please do not visit us if you have Covid-19 symptoms, have been in close contact with anyone with Covid-19, have tested positive for Covid-19 or have been contacted by Track and Trace and need to be in isolation
- please do provide a lead booker name and contact number for your booking
- please observe social distancing on-site and don’t crowd others or us
- please follow all instructions when you are here
- please arrive on time and wait outside in our courtyard for us to come and welcome you
- please wear a mask (apart from children under 11 or those exempt from wearing them for medical reasons). If you don’t have a mask you can buy one at £2.00 per mask. Gloves are also available should you want them (£2.00 per pair)
- please wash and sanitise your hands on arrival
- please scan the QR code (if you have downloaded the app) when you arrive
- please keep personal items to a minimum as these will need to be stowed at your work area
- please note which toilet and handwash and sanitising facilities are allocated to your group
- please do view any on-line instructional pottery videos in advance as in class demos are harder to see at the moment
- please stay in your own work area and don’t share pottery kit provided between work areas/groups
- please ask in advance if you want to bring observers/dogs as studio space is limited due to social distancing
- please consume any food/drink at your table in your own work area
- please put all aprons and towels provided in the laundry box at the end of the class so we can put them straight in the washing machine
Pottery Painting Kits
- please wash and dry pottery painting kits in full before returning them
- please wash/sanitise your hands before arriving
- please observe staggered collection/drop off times for kits and finished pieces
- please wash and sanitise your hands before handling any pottery on display
- please pay on-line in advance (if possible) or by cash when you are here (social distancing, good ventilation, sanitising and mask wearing will be observed at the till)
For Our Part We Will
- introduce ourselves, observe social distancing, mask wearing and good ventilation (but try to keep the place warm!)
- ensure our own good handwashing and sanitising
- provide handwash and sanitiser facilities in our toilets, studio and gallery
- provide QR posters for Track and Trace
- advise you of any Covid-19 risk we present before your arrival and re-book or refund you as appropriate
- introduce ourselves, establish groups and allocate toilets and handwashing and sanitising facilities to keep numbers of people using each to a minimum (maximum will be 4 people per toilet)
- show you to your work area and explain all the kit provided for your class
- provide hand pre-wash facilities at each work area
- provide all you need for your class in your work area
- help and advise as much as possible but observe social distancing and wear masks
- offer table service only for any food or drink pre-ordered
- provide on-line videos for you to watch before you come as demos may not be as easy to see as before (on-site demos will be a reminder of the video)
- provide all aprons and towels you will need
- clean and sanitise tables, chairs, wheels, decorating/making kit, toilets and sinks, touch points and floor after every activity
- wash and sanitise our hands between different groups within class
- ensure all items to be shared are sanitised between uses
Pottery Painting Kits
- wash and sanitise our hands before you arrive
- offer staggered collection/return times for kit/finished pieces
- disinfect kits between hirings
- ensure your browsing session is private and that no-one else visits the gallery during the time your household, group or bubble have booked
- ensure distancing, mask wearing and good ventilation are observed at the till
- clean and sanitise our hands, till and card machine regularly